Home » R » Rufus Wainwright »

Rufus Wainwright - 11.11 Chords

Artists:  A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z # 

11.11 Chords

(ver. 1)
Rufus Wainwright
  / 11:11             /  of 9/11 where everything stood still. I think it's about
 / Want One          /  realizing that your life could suddenly end at any moment.
/___________________/  This reminds you of appreciating the essential things and
                      to remember to hold on them, in Rufus' case here his love.

Capo on 2nd fret.
And since that's just Rufus alone, I didn't see any reason to transpose the song
up accordingly. I suppose most of you readers are single guitarists (...you know
what I mean :P). But if you want the chords in the actual key, Emajor, just mail
me and I'll transpose it for you.
The symbol "%" just means to stay on a chord (instead of writing it again).

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

_E_A_D_G_B_e_
 Intro:                                                          | | | | | | | |
||: D | D | Dsus4 | Dsus4 :||                                  D | x x 0 2 3 2 |
                                                                 |             |
                                                           Dsus4 | x x 0 2 3 3 |
                                                                 |             |
 1st Verse:                                               A7sus4 | x 0 2 0 3 3 |
||: D | D | Dsus4 | Dsus4 :|| 3x                                 |_____________|

| A7Sus4 | % | % | % |

G6/D | x x 0 0 0 0 |
                                                                 |             |
 3rd Verse:                                                   D6 | x x 0 2 0 2 |
| D | D6 | G | Gmaj7 |                                           |             |
                                                               G | 3 2 0 0 0 3 |
| E9 | E7 | A13 | G6/D A13 |                                     |             |
                                                           Gmaj7 | 3 2 0 0 0 2 |
| D | D6 | G | Gmaj7 |                                           |             |
                                                              E9 | 0 2 0 1 0 2 |
| F#7sus4 | F#7 | G | C |                                        |             |
                                                              E7 | 0 2 0 1 0 0 |
                                                                 |             |
                                                         F#7sus4 | 2 4 2 4 2 2 |
 4th Verse:                                                      |             |
similar to 1st Verse                                         F#7 | 2 4 2 3 2 2 |
                                                                 |             |
                                                               C | x 3 2 0 1 0 |
                                                                 |             |
 5th Verse:                                                  Am7 | x 0 2 0 1 0 |
| D | D | Am7 | Am7 |                                            |             |
                                                              Am | 5 7 7 5 5 5 |
| G | G | D | D |                                                |             |
                                                              Em | 0 2 2 0 0 0 |
| Am | Am | Em | Em |                                            |             |
                                                              Gm | 3 5 5 3 3 3 |
| Gm | Gm | C | G |                                              |_|_|_|_|_|_|_|

| D | D | Am7 | Am7 |

| A13 | G6/D A13 |

| D | D6 |

| G | Gmaj7 | E9 | E7 |

| G | Gmaj7 | E9 | E7 |

| G | Gmaj7 | D...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Woke up this morning at 11:11
Wasn't in Portland and and I wasn't in heaven
Could have been either by the way I was feeling
But I was alive, I was alive

Woke up this morning at 11:11
John was half-naked and Lulu was crying
Over a baby that will never go crazy
But I was alive

And kicking through this cruel world
Holding a notion of you at 11:11
Tell me what else can I do
What else can I do?

Woke up this morning and something was burning
Realized that everything really does happen in Manhattan
Thoughts were of characters and afternoons lying
And you, you were alive

Oh, the hours we are separate
11:11 is just precious time we've wasted
So patch up your bleeding hearts
And put away your poses
I'm gonna have a drink
Before we ring around the roses with you
11:11

Jon Sebastian Frederiksen - 13th /February /09

Submit corrections

↑ Back to top | Tablatures and chords for acoustic guitar and electric guitar, ukulele, drums are parodies/interpretations of the original songs. You may use it for private study, scholarship, research or language learning purposes only