There are a few parts in here that I have *made up* to go
along with the lead guitar (in parts where the lead seems
rather inactive).  These spots are marked below, so you can
play them, or leave them out.

Tuning: regular (low to high) E A D G B E

I have included all of the lyrics, followed by Emily's lead
part with small lyric markers (so you know where you are in
the song).  Amy's rhythym part should be found in the chord
version of this song, preceeding this file.

Lyrics:
I tried to find your heart
The drugs of initiation
The bottom of the barrel that drops
I understand your causes
I sympathize the motivation
But all the details of this war are just
Self infatuation, and it's

CHORUS:
1 2 3, nothin's for free
4 5 6, pick up the stick and go home
You'd better own up to me, yeah
(END CHORUS)

*the next verse follows the same chord progression as above*
Manic blood runs thick
Are you looking for a clean escape?
What's left when the locks have all been broken
Young children of authority?
Now how long can you be agile
Dancin' 'tween the altar and the mercy seat?
Now here's a chance to make a choice,
Are you aware of the fire beneath your feet?

(CHORUS)
Yeah, yeah, go home

(Emily's solo)

The basement lies between us
Our fear comes through the door.
Oh, there's nothing left between us,
And the fear becomes a roar.

Once that wheel is in motion
Don't loose what you have found.
I'm talkin' 'bout that burning wheel of tongues
Everything that makes me go round and around.
We're all born in the devil's scorn
They want to see you die.
I'm askin' you, are you true
If everything they say is a lie, a lie?

(CHORUS)

(Amy and Emily ad lib until the end)

Tab notation:
h: hammer on        NOTE: I use straight lines across staves
p: pull off              to indicate the beginning and
b: bend string up        ending of each riff
r: release bend
/: slide up
\: slide down
~: vibrato
<>: harmonic

Emily's lead part
(intro riff)
     E      Dsus2       E      Dsus2         bend 1/4 up
E-----------------------------------------------------------B-----------------------------------------------------------G-----------------------------------------------------------D----------------------------4--------4-----4---------------A-------------------------------2--3-----3-----0------------E-------------------0--12\0-----------------------3b--------

E       Dsus2           E       Dsus2         bend 1/4
--------------------2-----0--------------------------------------------------3--------------------------------------------------------0--------0-----------------------------------------4--------------------------4--------4-----4--------------------2--3-----------------------2--3-----3-----0-----------0--------------------------0-----------------------3b-----

(verse riff 1)
  E       Dsus2             E      Dsus2
--------------------2-----0-|------------------------------------------------3----------|---------------------------------------------0--------0----|------------------------------------4----------------------|-----4--------4-----2------------------2--3----------------|--------2--3-----3-----0---------0-------------------------|--0-----------------------3b---
                    From the bowery...

(simile chord progression)
                           (repeat riff 1 one time)
--------------------2-----0-|------------------------------------------------3----------|---------------------------------------------0--------0----|------------------------------------4----------------------|---------------------------------------2--3----------------|--------------------------------0--------------------------|-------------------------------
          ...your heart.

(verse riff 2)
  E      Dsus2                   E 
|-----------------------------------------------------------
|------------8--10--10b11r10--8--10--8-----8-----8-----8----
|---------9-----------------------------9-----9-----9-----9-|-----------------------------------------------------------|-----------------------------------------------------------|-----------------------------------------------------------
     I understand...

(repeat riff 2 two times)

(*pre-chorus: this part thru end of chorus is made up)
                         (chorus riff 1)
   Dsus2                E              Dsus2
---------------------12-|-12--12--12--12-----11----10-10h12----8h10--10---10h12-----|-12--12--12--12--12----12----------------------------------|-----------------------------------------------------------|-----------------------------------------------------------|-----------------------------------------------------------|-----------------------------------
...self infatuation.     1 2 3...

(repeat chorus riff 1 one time)

E                       Dsus2
(bend 1/4 gradually, then release gradually)
-12--12-12-12-12--12-12-12-12-12-12-12-12-12-12--------------10b-10-10-10-10r-10-10-10-10-10-10-10-10-10-10-10\8--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
...go home.

E                       Dsus2
-------------------------------------------------12\---------8--8h10--8-----8h10--8-----8h10--10--10--10/12--12\---------------------9-----------9----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
...own up to me.

(verse 2 and 3)                                                 
 E    Dsus2  E     Dsus2                         1/4 bend
-0-----0-----0-----------------------------------------------0-----3-----0-----------------------------------------------1-----2-----1-----------------------------------------------2-----0-----2--0--2p0--0------------------------------------2-----------2-------------2p0--0--2p0--0--3p0--0--2---------0-----------0----------------------------------------3b----
Manic blood...
Once that wheel...

E     Dsus2  E     Dsus2
-------0-----0--------------2-----0--------------------------------3-----0-----------3-----------------------------------------2-----1--------0--------0-----------------------------------0-----2-----0-----------------------------------------------------2-----------------------------------------------0-----------0----------------------------------------------

Here, Emily plays chords along with Amy.  Then, it's on to
the chorus a second time (which then leads into the solo.)

(Solo)
  C                                   Em

Em

C                              Em

C

Em          
------------------0----0----0----0----0----0----0----0------------------------------------------------------------------7-7h9-9-----7-7h9--7h9--7h9--7h9--7h9--7h9--7h9--7h9-----------------7-9------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(bridge)
 C                        Em
---0-----0-----0-----0-------0--------------2----0---------------8-----8-----8-----8-----0-----------3----------3/5------9-----9-----9-----9-----9\--0--------0-------0------------------------------------------2-----------------------------------------------------------2-----------------------------------------------------------0------------------------------

(bridge riff)
 C                          Em
-------------------------------0-----------2-----0-----------3-----3-----3-----3-----3-----0--------3-----------3/5--------0-----0-----0-----0-----0---0-----0--------0------------------5-----5-----5-----5-----5-2-----------------------------------------------------------2-----------------------------------------------------------0----------------------------

(repeat bridge riff 1 time)

(bridge riff 2)
 A                           B
-------------------------------------------------------------3-----3-----3---------5-------------7-------------------------0-----0-----0-----0---0---0-----9---9---9--12--11---9---------5-----5-----5/7-------7---7/9-------9----12--12--12----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(3rd verse is the same as the second; it feeds into the last
chorus, followed by a vocal and lead guitar ad lib; both
guitars end on an Em chord).

There you go everybody.  Have fun.

Submit corrections

↑ Back to top | Tablatures and chords for acoustic guitar and electric guitar, ukulele, drums are parodies/interpretations of the original songs. You may use it for private study, scholarship, research or language learning purposes only