Home » J » James Blunt »

James Blunt - 2005 Tabs

Artists:  A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z # 

2005 Tabs

(ver. 1)
James Blunt
[Main Fingerpicking Riff]

C                                                 Gsus/B
e|-------------------------------------------------|-------------------------------------------------|
B|----1-----1-----1-----1-----1-----1-----1-----1--|----1-----1-----1-----1-----1-----1-----1-----1--|
G|-------------------------------------------------|-------------------------------------------------|
D|-------2-----------2-----------2-----------2-----|-------0-----------0-----------0-----------0-----|
A|-3-----------3-----------3-----------3-----------|-2-----------2-----------2-----------2-----------|
E|-------------------------------------------------|-------------------------------------------------|

F                                                 C
e|-------------------------------------------------|-------------------------------------------------|
B|----1-----1-----1-----1-----1-----1-----1-----1--|----1-----1-----1-----1-----1-----1-----1-----1--|
G|-------2-----------2-----------2-----------2-----|-------------------------------------------------|
D|-3-----------3-----------3-----------3-----------|-------2-----------2-----------2-----------2-----|
A|-------------------------------------------------|-3-----------3-----------3-----------3-----------|
E|-------------------------------------------------|-------------------------------------------------|
                                                                                   "I woke up this..."

Verse Lyrics:

"I woke up this morning, and realized
All I do is apologize
For a song I wrote in 2005
Didn't come with a warning
But fame is unkind
Put me on top of the world
Couple of girls and then left me behind"

[Prechorus]

D                                                 C/E
B|----3-----3-----3-----3-----3-----3-----3-----0--|----1-----1-----1-----1-----1-----1-----1-----1--|
G|-------2-----------2-----------2-----------2-----|-------0-----------0-----------0-----------0-----|
D|-0-----------0-----------0-----------0-----------|-2-----------2-----------2-----------2-----------|
A|-------------------------------------------------|-------------------------------------------------|

Am                                                Gsus
B|----1-----1-----1-----1-----1-----1-----1-----1--|----1-----1-----1-----1--------------------------|
G|-------------------------------------------------|-------------------------------------------------|
D|-------2-----------2-----------2-----------2-----|-------0-----------0-----------------------------|
A|-0-----------0-----------0-----------0-----------|-------------------------------------------------|
E|-------------------------------------------------|-3-----------3-----------------------------------|

Lyrics:
"Sure, let's take a photograph
You can show it to your friends and laugh
I'll tell you what I'm doing now
But you don't really wanna know"

[Chorus]

D|-------2-----------2-----------2-----------2-----|-------0-----------0-----------0-----------0-----|
A|-3-----------3-----------3-----------3-----------|-2-----------2-----------2-----------2-----------|

Am                                                F
G|-------------------------------------------------|-------2-----------2-----------2-----------------|
D|-------2-----------2-----------2-----------2-----|-3-----------3-----------3-----------3-----0-----|
A|-0-----------0-----------0-----------0-----------|-------------------------------------------------|

play chorus riff 2x

Lyrics:
"I wrote you a love song
Now it's something that you hate on
And I'm sad the record's broken
But I don't think I can write a
Better love song
Without it I'd be no one
And now that you've forgotten me
Tell me how to write one better"

[Verse 2]

G|-------2-----------2-----------2-----------2-----|-------------------------------------------------|
D|-3-----------3-----------3-----------3-----------|-------2-----------2-----------2-----------2-----|
A|-------------------------------------------------|-3-----------3-----------3-----------3-----------|

"I'm not gonna lie
Saying I didn't work out
'Cause I live in a big house, made a few pounds
Nice car on the drive
And I went round the world once or twice
Saw the sun set and sun rise
But for big highs, there's a big price
When all you do is criticize"

[Prechorus 2]

D                                                 C/E
B|----3-----3-----3-----3-----3-----3-----3-----0--|----1-----1-----1-----1-----1-----1-----1-----1--|
G|-------2-----------2-----------2-----------2-----|-------0-----------0-----------0-----------0-----|
D|-0-----------0-----------0-----------0-----------|-2-----------2-----------2-----------2-----------|
A|-------------------------------------------------|-------------------------------------------------|

Am                                                Gsus
B|----1-----1-----1-----1-----1-----1-----1-----1--|----1-----1-----1-----1--------------------------|
D|-------2-----------2-----------2-----------2-----|-------0-----------0-----------------------------|
E|-------------------------------------------------|-3-----------3-----------------------------------|

"Sure, let's take a photograph
You can show it to your friends and laugh
I'll tell you what I'm doing now
But you don't really wanna know"

[Chorus 2]

G|-------------------------------------------------|-------2-----------2-----------2-----------2-----|
D|-------2-----------2-----------2-----------2-----|-3-----------3-----------3-----------3-----------|

play Chorus 4x

"I wrote you a love song
Better love song
Without it I'd be no one
And now that you've forgotten me
Tell me how to write one better"

"I don't think I can write one better"

[Quiet Bridge]

** Sing Lyrics acapella but start playing on last line

Lyrics:
"I wrote you a love song
And I'm sad the record's broken"

quiet       less quiet   louder     full volume 
e|-------------------------------------------------|
B|----1-----1-----1-----1-----1-----1-----1-----1--|
G|-------2-----------2-----------2-----------2-----|
D|-3-----------3-----------3-----------3-----------|
A|-------------------------------------------------|
E|-------------------------------------------------|
"But I don't think I can write one better"

[Final Chorus]

G|-------------------------------------------------|-------2-----------2-----------2-----------2-----|
D|-------2-----------2-----------2-----------2-----|-3-----------3-----------3-----------3-----------|

play Chorus 4x

"Love song
Better love song
Without it I'd be no one
Now that you've forgotten me
Just tell me how to write one better"

[Ending]

"I woke up this morning                   And realized                                   All I do is" 

B|----1-----1-----1-----1-----1-----1-----1-----1--|-------------------------------------------------|
D|-3-----------3-----------3-----------3-----------|-------------------------------------------------|
A|-------------------------------------------------|-3-----------------------------------------------|
  "apologize         For a song I wrote          in 2005"

Submit corrections

↑ Back to top | Tablatures and chords for acoustic guitar and electric guitar, ukulele, drums are parodies/interpretations of the original songs. You may use it for private study, scholarship, research or language learning purposes only